Sunday, February 13, 2011

NYFW day 3 & 4

The adventures of Lo and Shan were only beginning in the city that never sleeps. The wind chill was picking up here, thankfully I had my grandmother's fur coat that she passed along to me. It is not only fabulous but now vintage! My favorite part has been wearing a coat that has "Carolyn Pedrotti" stitched on the inside. If you don't know Mamama, well she is one incredible woman. On day three we went off-site to Sally LaPointe where we sat front row. White room, colorful lights and futuristic designs. The vibe? Sci-Fi. The collection ended with a fierce red gown I could not seem to stop thinking about. Best part of front row? I could snap some incredible pictures. 
After the show Lo and I were craving a big slice of New York pizza so we caught the subway (my first ride) to Times Square. Now I really felt like I was in the city. Nothing better than seeing the lights, broadway show signs and tourist traps! I was tempted to buy a shirt with "I love New York" when we passed by a street vendor. Broadway holds a special place in my heart since I grew up a dancer, and I am insane over the theater. Seeing people pour into shows makes my heart pump.
Day four was here, so we headed to Rachel Antonoff for a high school dance themed presentation. How fun. Models dancing and playing all the key roles of teens. Checked twitter after we left and it seems we had just missed Mr. Brad Goreski's attendance. Araks was next. Theme? Oxfords. Vintage. Incredible. Stopped to snap a few photos of models hanging outside the building...this is one of my new passions. Fashion Week continues to surprise me as I learn more about myself here. Next: Vivianne Tam with a full house. My favorite look? Floor length, formal, sparkles. 
Now here is the part that has blown my mind. We headed to pier 94 for Alexander Wang. Speechless. We had just managed to get into one of the highest security shows. We watched as security turned people away left and right. Lo and I were in line to find we had standing. We had worked our way into the front row, dream come true.  I was among the elite of the fashion world. Could this be real? Editors galore. Straight across from me on front row: Anna Wintour. 
Snagged some dinner at Whole Foods and off to the hotel room to write with Lo. Wonderful evening working, laughing, discussing the future. I could not be any happier. Let's see what today will bring...


xoxo
-S





No comments:

Post a Comment