Wednesday, February 16, 2011

NYFW day 6

After a long night in the city, I heard a knock at my door in the early morning. My heart melted when I saw a dozen beautiful roses had been delivered to my room from my Valentine...Mr. David Kubicek! What a great way to start off this love bug holiday even when you cannot spend it with one another. 
Lo and I met at the Plaza for the Alice+Olivia show! Not only is this one of my favorite designers, but the party? Elegance. Champagne was flowing, Godiva chocolate hearts and the sounds of Frank Sinatra filled the room. Flashback into the 40's. Sequins, sparkle tights, fabulous.
Can you guess who met us for dinner?! I will give you a hint...she attends Columbia Law School. One of my best friends, ABBY!! I was so excited she joined for Valentine's dinner with Lo, Mom and Di Di. Balloons filled the room, chocolate covered strawberries...with a twist...cheesecake filling (so decadent)! The five of us caught up over pasta and wine while being the loudest group in the restaurant with our uncontrollable laughter. Let's just say "girls just wanna have fun" even on a romantic holiday. 
After dinner we said our goodbyes as Abby went "down the rabbit hole" (Di Di's term for the subway) to her apartment, planning to meet up once more before I leave the city. Sleep here is few and far between, but on this night I would finally be getting some. We had a big day ahead of us, I was almost too excited to sleep...soon you will know why.
xoxo
-S

No comments:

Post a Comment